1. Eat a low carbohydrate diet
Modern scientific studies have proven that a low carbohydrate diet is the most effective way to lose weight and to maintain the weight loss.
Avoiding sugar and bread is a very good start.
2. Eat when hungry and eat until you feel full. Starving and hunger is a recipe for disaster.
3. Eat only when hungry. Connect with your body and analyse your hunger. Stay away from unnecessary snaking.
4. Eat real food and stay away from the “creatively marketed” low fat products.
5. Eat less dairy products and nuts. Dairy products and nuts have quite high amount of carbohydrates and will stop or slow the weight loss. Cheeses, whey protein, cashew nuts and peanuts are not good choices.
6. Women: eat less fruit. Fruit is candy from nature and interferes with fat burning. This tip goes for men as well.
7. Men: drink less beer. Often referred to as “liquid bread”, beer contains rapidly digested carbohydrate that shut down fat metabolism.
8. Be persistent: it is acceptable to lose half a kilogram per week. Persistence will cause you to lose around 20 kilograms per year. Each 1 kilogram of fat loss equals 1 cm lost around the waist.
9. Use intermittent fasting: 16:8, alternate days or 5:2. This is one of the most powerful weight loss tools.
At the Diet4Shape Clinic we will guide you through a comprehensive weight loss program until you reach and stabilize your weight and optimize your health.
Do not delay! Call us today!